Customer service is the process of providing someone with something they require, whether this is a product, a service or both.
As a customer service representative, you play a key role in creating the customers’ impression of your organisation. As an employee, you represent your organisation - you present the business image. Consider:
- What sort of corporate image is your
- How does your store contribute to this
- Are there any areas for improvement?
The more comfortable you can help customers feel in your store, the more likely they will want to shop and buy from your store.
Excellence in customer service or 'Best Practice' demands the highest quality behaviour, methods and procedures in all areas of your work.
Ways to Maintain Contact
- Here are a few tips that will help you achieve this goal:
- Have a positive attitude - say "Yes" rather than "No"
- Find out what the customers’ needs and wants are
- Aim to meet or preferably exceed
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation
- Handle complaints in a systematic and
- Aim to make every customer, including the dissatisfied one, into a loyal customer
- Develop a system to maintain contact with
Ways to maintain contact with customers vary, depending on the size and type of your store and your organisation's policies
You should refer to your store's policies and procedures regarding the service you provide to your customer. A simple rule to follow, however, is that once you have established contact with a customer, treat them as though they are your personal customer.